Battery power

  • Frank Barnard
    Message 1 of 2 , Feb 3, 2008
      Now what? Yesterday my first QSI and g-wire arrived and they are now
      intalled in my Aristo SD45. The T9000 should be here by the end of
      this week. Biggg problem!!!! I am new at this stuff. I have read
      over 200 postings on DCC and DC operations in 4 different forums with
      no answer to my power guestion problem. If I were to use track power
      does one rail stay + and the other - all the time. I will be using
      battery power only but? Where does the battery hookup to the QSI or
      does't it? The SD45 has a plug for a battery car which I will start
      with. Connecting the battery car to the connector on the engine means
      the + and - could be reversed or doesn't this make a difference? I do
      not want to start off with $300 of smoke. I need to understand this
      what seems to be understood by everyone out there. Or, are there many
      of you who have seen much smoke. Just starting QSI. It would be a help
      if there were a page or two on getting started found in the forums and
      the first page or two from the manufacturer. I don't need a 300 + page
      manuel for getting starting. Thank you all for your help.
      Frank Barnard
    • Jerry Hansen
      Message 2 of 2 , Feb 3, 2008
        Frank call Lou Monday morning at Qsi he is the tech guy, he should be able to answer your question! If not try Bruce at Litchfield Station, not sure he can help though not must into tech problems! Let me know if you get help or not or call Airwire even.

[...]

        <!--

        #ygrp-mkp{
        #ygrp-mkp hr{
        border:1px solid #d8d8d8;}