First Message - Welcome

  • Frolin Marek
    Message 1 of 1 , Apr 6, 2006
      Howdy Folks!

      Welcome to the AirWire User Support Group!

      This is a place for folks using the AirWire radio control DCC
      throttle system, from CVP products in Dallas. If you are interested
      in the product, if you have the product, if you want to connect with
      others who have the product, this should be a group for you!

      The AirWire system is a DCC based throttle system for model
      railroads (and maybe other options), that allows a different
      approach to train control. Users can configure their railroads to
      be either or, track power or battery power, but to have individual
      control of their locomotives using the growing DCC standard (Digital
      Command Control), using a wireless throttle system.

      As more people are going with the AirWire system, this Yahoo Group
      has been started to give a central support area, a User Group area
      for these folks to talk with others using the system. And also a
      place for folks who are interested in the system, to talk with folks
      who have it.

      Disclaimer: this group is not part of the CVP company, is not
      sponsored or supported by CVP, but is a separate USER SUPPORT GROUP
      for one of their products. This is not mean't as a negative
      statement, only to clarify this is not the "company support" site.

      If you have questions for CVP, please email or call them directly.
      Do not post a question here for CVP (they may not see your message
      here). Also, as emails are NOT always a gauranteed form of message
      delivery, if you do not get a reply from CVP in 24-72 hours, please
      call them. Often emails get blocked by Spam Filters, you sent it
      but they did not get it.

      This group is being started by Frolin Marek of San Antonio, Texas.
      I am the Moderator of several other railroad groups, including the
      EASYDCC Group, for that CVP Product. I am starting this group
      because a number of folk have inquired or joined that group, asking
      about AirWire.

      As the Moderator, you should not see me post or moderate much if all
      goes smooth. Please note, if my emails are signed with "AirWire
      Group Moderator" then its a formal email from "the moderator guy".
      But other than than, please always consider my messages, few or not,
      as from just another train guy in the group.

      If you have any questions on AirWire, please do not email me but
      post it here in the group. That way everyone can see the question
      and benefit from various answers you may get. If you have issues
      with a posting or other reasons, or even to give feedback, please
      feel free to email me anytime.

      Welcome Aboard the AirWire - User Support Group!

      Frolin Marek
      AirWire Group Moderator