RE: [AirWire] Adding Proline Smoke Unit

  • Rio Gracie
    Message 1 of 5 , Jul 16, 2013
      Thanks Jonathan,

      I'm gonna try this relay method and see what happens. Going to have to do
      some more thinking first.

      I didn't get what you meant by "failry"

      "The G3 light drivers are designed for LED, so they have failry"

      Tommy

      Rio Gracie

      From: AirWire@yahoogroups.com <mailto:AirWire%40yahoogroups.com>
      Message 2 of 5 , Jul 16, 2013
        I do not know that word either. I was likely saying " the led drivers have
        fairly low current capability. I do not type very well.

        From: AirWire@yahoogroups.com <mailto:AirWire%40yahoogroups.com>

        Message 3 of 5 , Jul 21, 2013
          Thanks Jonathan ,

          I got it to work.

          I picked up a Radio Shack SPDT Micromini 12VDC Relay (275-0241).

          I wired 86 and 30 to the + Battery connection on the G3.

          85 and the neg from the fan to TM1 #8 on the G3.

          I wired the the diode across 85 and 86 (band to positive side)

          87 to the pos from the fan.

          Smoke neg to TM1 #9 and smoke positive to TM1 #10 on the G3

          Change the CV51 value to 13 (Strobed Double Pulse)

          Set the G3 to smoke on using F11 and the fan on using F12.

          Now I get a pulsed smoke although it is not synced to the drivers, I like
          the effect.

          Relay pin 87A is not hooked to anything.

          Tommy

          Rio Gracie

          From: AirWire@yahoogroups.com <mailto:AirWire%40yahoogroups.com>

          From: AirWire@yahoogroups.com <mailto:AirWire%40yahoogroups.com>