RE: [AirWire] Re: A Simple AirWire G3 / Phoenix P8 Battery Conversion

  • Jonathan Bliese
    Message 1 of 8 , Feb 25, 2013
      "The P8 kit does not come with a speaker" This is an error. I sell the p8
      both as a full kit with your choice of speaker, or as a board only, with
      associated cables, for less cost.

      Gary is also correct about the paint. This was not a good idea, for many
      reasons. There are clear protective lacquers that can be used to protect pc
      boards and the components on them, this should have been used first if
      appearance or color change is important. Since the statement about heat and
      load is correct- in the case of this rail truck not critical- a better idea
      would have been to simply wrap the boards in large sections of shrink tube-
      black or other dark color of course.

      Jonathan/Electric/Steam Modelworks

      www.rctrains.com

      Message 2 of 8 , Feb 25, 2013
        Phoenix products are available as kits (complete with cables, switches, jacks AND SPEAKERS) or as individual components.

        We are a Phoenix dealer in Canada

        Joel Waterman
        Rushbury Valley Railroad
        rushbury_valley@...

        >________________________________

      • Bob Hyman
        Message 3 of 8 , Feb 26, 2013
          Jonathan, Joel,

          Thank you for your inputs and corrections. I have added comments at the
          beginning of the article regarding the recommendation to not paint the
          circuit boards and the availability of speakers with the P8 sound Kit.

          Hope you guys didn't take my article as any kind of affront or threat to
          your commercial interests. I'm just a DIY'er who loves model trains.
          Like most others in the hobby, I depend upon dealers like yourselves for
          the things I use to build and run those trains.

          Bob
        • Joel Waterman
          Message 4 of 8 , Feb 26, 2013
            No problems here!  I wish more people would do what you have done and try a custom instalation in interesting rolling stock

            Joel Waterman
            Rushbury Valley Railroad
            rushbury_valley@...

            From: Bob Hyman rhyman@...