Re: G2 problem ...

  • Rich
    Message 1 of 23 , Aug 1, 2011
      Mike,

      I have done a reset (with beeps) and then reset to #16. Now I am on #16 and cannot get it to do the factory reset. When I do the process I do not get the two beeps now (anymore it did before the split). That means to me the g2 can no longer hear the t9000. With that said I can still do all the sound functions(????). That means g2 can hear some of the commands. I did try rest with and with out the p5 sound made no difference.

      The other question is when I did the factory reset my freq stayed at 6, I thought it reset also ... Any way now I can not get a factory reset to beep. The sound works fine, motors & lights do not

      Maybe ch6 has a stomach ache.

      I did not use the shielded cable for the hook up .... I can not imagine that making any difference. Is that a must?? It is only connected on one end and tm3 #6 & #7 have 15v. Measuring from tm3 #1+.

      Rich

      --- In AirWire@yahoogroups.com, "Mike" <backshop@...> wrote:

      > I know this sounds simple, but these problems normaly are. When you did a reset did the the board respond? If it did not respond your hand set is not talking to the board. You may still be able to talk to the sound system, it's is an independent DCC device having it's own address. If your initial reset does not work try disconnecting the sound decoder and resetting again. I don't recommed programing CVP CVs with the sound decoder still attached. Remember this is like programing on the main with a normal command base. You may adjust more than you want.

    • Mike
      Message 2 of 23 , Aug 1, 2011
        --- In AirWire@yahoogroups.com, "Rich" <rich@...> wrote:

        > Mike,
        >
        > I have done a reset (with beeps) and then reset to #16. Now I am on #16 and cannot get it to do the factory reset. When I do the process I do not get the two beeps now (anymore it did before the split). That means to me the g2 can no longer hear the t9000. With that said I can still do all the sound functions(????). That means g2 can hear some of the commands. I did try rest with and with out the p5 sound made no difference.
        >
        > The other question is when I did the factory reset my freq stayed at 6, I thought it reset also ... Any way now I can not get a factory reset to beep. The sound works fine, motors & lights do not
        >
        > Maybe ch6 has a stomach ache.
        >
        > I did not use the shielded cable for the hook up .... I can not imagine that making any difference. Is that a must?? It is only connected on one end and tm3 #6 & #7 have 15v. Measuring from tm3 #1+.
        >

        > Rich
        > First when you do a Reset of the G2, you resetting the CVs to factory default. The G2 Ch is set with the rotary switch on the board. You might try a reset of the T9000 although I don't think that will make a difference as your still talking to the P5. The lack of the shielded cable will not cause what your experiencing.It sound like the motor driver side of your board is having a problem, very rare unless you had a major short on the motor side.

        Were I testing in my shop I would remove the board and test only it with a loose motor on the bench. The last thought is this, the old ADW10 (pre-G2) would not show voltage on the motor side unless a motor was connected, not motor attachment and the meter would reed 0 out put. I don't know if that is the case with the G2.

        If you need I can test that with one of the new ones I have in the shop. I know Al will not be back until tuesday so he will have lots of phone call to return

        Mike
      • Rich
        Message 3 of 23 , Aug 1, 2011
          Mike with the motor hooked up I get 0v on all motor outputs.

          Rich

          --- In AirWire@yahoogroups.com, "Mike" <backshop@...> wrote:

          > --- In AirWire@yahoogroups.com, "Rich" <rich@> wrote:
          > >
          > > Mike,
          > >
          > > I have done a reset (with beeps) and then reset to #16. Now I am on #16 and cannot get it to do the factory reset. When I do the process I do not get the two beeps now (anymore it did before the split). That means to me the g2 can no longer hear the t9000. With that said I can still do all the sound functions(????). That means g2 can hear some of the commands. I did try rest with and with out the p5 sound made no difference.
          > >
          > > The other question is when I did the factory reset my freq stayed at 6, I thought it reset also ... Any way now I can not get a factory reset to beep. The sound works fine, motors & lights do not
          > >
          > > Maybe ch6 has a stomach ache.
          > >
          > > I did not use the shielded cable for the hook up .... I can not imagine that making any difference. Is that a must?? It is only connected on one end and tm3 #6 & #7 have 15v. Measuring from tm3 #1+.
          > >

          > > Rich
          > > First when you do a Reset of the G2, you resetting the CVs to factory default. The G2 Ch is set with the rotary switch on the board. You might try a reset of the T9000 although I don't think that will make a difference as your still talking to the P5. The lack of the shielded cable will not cause what your experiencing.It sound like the motor driver side of your board is having a problem, very rare unless you had a major short on the motor side.
          >
          > Were I testing in my shop I would remove the board and test only it with a loose motor on the bench. The last thought is this, the old ADW10 (pre-G2) would not show voltage on the motor side unless a motor was connected, not motor attachment and the meter would reed 0 out put. I don't know if that is the case with the G2.
          >
          > If you need I can test that with one of the new ones I have in the shop. I know Al will not be back until tuesday so he will have lots of phone call to return
          >
          > Mike

        • Mike
          Message 4 of 23 , Aug 1, 2011
            I guess it's time to send that one to the factory.
          • Rich Johnson
            Message 5 of 23 , Aug 2, 2011
              I'll call him Wed or Thur I know he will be busy today.

              I also have a t9000 to send in for it's tune up.

              Thanks for the help and support.

              Rich

              Message 6 of 23 , Aug 2, 2011
                Are you change the frequency on the board or just the locomotive number. If the frequency is changed and the g-2 does not match the transmitter, the reset will not work. Set the G-2 to frequency 0 and the transmitter to the same frequency.

                At this point, resetting the receiver should work.

                Message 7 of 23 , Aug 3, 2011
                  I went to Bob's and got a new g2 today. Hooked it up the same as my problem
                  one.

                  Works great.

                  Reprogram beep beep. Works great! So I hooked up the sound card hooked up
                  the motor and it worked great!! Took the p5 off put it back on the problem
                  g2 and it still works great

                  But the motors or lights do not. I will call Al tomorrow .

                  I am convinced I have a bad board ..

                  Rich

                  --- In AirWire@yahoogroups.com <mailto:AirWire%40yahoogroups.com> , "Mike"