Programming G2 with T9000

  • vnt90
    Message 1 of 3 , Apr 27, 2011
      So I gave up trying to use Service mode programming with the NCE Gwire cab and a Airwire G2 and broke down a purchased a Airwire T9000 cab. I can program a short address and the reciever responds with 2 beeps and it works (engine control)with the T9000. It does not respond with a long address CV1=100 (no beeps) when I try to program it. It continues to respond to the last short address. So I decided to reset the G2 with CV8=135. Now my T9000 lost contact with the G2 altogether, but my NCE still controls it with the last short address I put in.

      Any suggestions to try would be appreciated. Is it me or Airwire? I am use to troubleshooting electronic quirks but this is very trying.

      thanks in advance
      walt w
    • Joel Waterman
      Message 2 of 3 , Apr 28, 2011
        If you reset the decoder to factory defaults (CV8=135) then the address would
        have been reset to #3.
         Joel Waterman
        Rushbury Valley Railroad
        rushbury_valley@...

        Message 3 of 3 , Apr 28, 2011
          Joel,

          Thanks for the response.

          When I program an short address I get 2 beeps and the address is good to go.

          If I try to program a long address I get no beeps and the address stays at the last programmed short address

          If I try to reset to factory defaults I get no beeps.  The wierd thing here is the T9000 lost control of the reciever on the last short address but my NCE-GWire cab can still get to it on that short address.

          Have you been successful in resetting the G2 to default using a T9000 ?

          Walt