programming G2 with NCE GWire cab issue

  • johnvanrunt
    Message 1 of 3 , Dec 26, 2010
      Unable to program long address in the G2 decoder with my NCE GWire cab. Always use the service mode for programming but cannot program and activate the long address. Looking for suggestions, please.
    • scedarleaf@aol.com
      Message 2 of 3 , Dec 26, 2010
        John.... I've had the same problem and not been able to program the
        locomotive # with the NEC throttle. I've had to resort to use the Airwire 1300
        or 9000. Once the locomotive is programmed with the 1300 or 9000, I can
        address those locomotive #'s without a problem...

        Stan Cedarleaf
        Trains "R" Fun

        _Prescott Canyon Southern Garden Railroad_
        (http://www.trainweb.org/pcsrr/indexx.html)
        and
        _Cedarleaf Custom Decals_
        (http://gold.mylargescale.com/StanCedarleaf/WebPageDecals/CustomDecalsx.html) ^

        In a message dated 12/26/2010 6:18:30 P.M. US Mountain Standard Time,
        johnvanrunt@... writes:

        Unable to program long address in the G2 decoder with my NCE GWire cab.
        Always use the service mode for programming but cannot program and activate
        the long address. Looking for suggestions, please.

      • vnt90
        Message 3 of 3 , Feb 20 8:14 PM
          Stan,

          Did you ever get an answer for this. I too am trying to program a long address and cannot with the NCE cab. Unfortunately I donot have an Airwire cab available.

          thnks
          walt