New Member To Group

  • rarmx2
    Message 1 of 2 , Jul 5, 2009
      Hi, my name is Ralph Armstrong, Sacramento, CA. I have hung around garden railroads since the middle 80's in Houston, TX. We have a small back yard and I covered it with track about 15 years ago for a couple of years. Circumstances required it to be removed and I have been storing the track ever since. I am going to put in a raised dog bone platform with 8ft dia. curves also a small oval in an existing raised flower bed, age is limiting my bending over ability.
      I have on order an Aristo Dash9 heritage that I want to run on batteries. AirWire is popular in this area and I have been pleased with what I have seen. Not sure which sound system to use, have observed mixed results with both of the two popular systems. I will have the receiver, sound card, and the battery system installed professionally.

      I have many questions and I hope someone can share their knowledge. I can use a soldering iron and have limited circuit board hobby experience. I have several small engines I like to run such as the Hartland Mack and the AristoCraft Lil Critter. Can I put together an interchangeable trailing car with receiver and batteries to power these? I will skip sound. How about LGB 040's with power tenders?
    • Bill Swindell
      Message 2 of 2 , Jul 5, 2009
        I Ralph. I live in Martinez, CA. If you are interested, I do AirWire installs and can help you,