1424RE: [AirWire] Re: Sierra operations with Airwire (was: I'm the new guy)

  • Gary Nichols
    Aug 28, 2013
      I don't have any manuals handy, but didn't the older Airwire books show how
      to do this? Gary

      Subject: [AirWire] Re: Sierra operations with Airwire (was: I'm the new guy)

      After what I've learned from help/advice these are two websites that show
      hooking up a Sierra with a DCC decoder. Just curious if anyone has used
      either of these circuits.

      Allan Gartner's design
      http://www.wiringfordcc.com/g_generic_sound.htm

      George Schreyer's design
      http://www.girr.org/girr/tips/tips6/sierra_tips.html

      Both sites have the wiring schematics. Allan uses inductor coils by the
      Sierra motor input and George uses 4N25 optical isolators by the motor
      input.

      Allan's circuit looks easier to build. Just curious on thoughts and success
      stories. Thanks again!

      Eric W.