Re: [AirVW] Various ramblings about hard landings

  • jl
    Message 1 of 12 , Feb 1, 2005
      Whoa Steve!

      Sorry about the misinterpretation. My email was sincere in the fact
      that the last landing I had this year was not far from what he
      describes. The last part was just an old saying, nothing more. You
      know, like "the earth sucks" meaning "I would rather be in the air".

      Jeff

      On Monday, January 31, 2005, at 10:50 PM, Steve Bray wrote:

      > Jeff
      > Where the hell do you get that crap?
      > If you think the earth sucks you need to go somewhere
      > else!
      > Every time you or anyone else leaves the earth they
      > KNOW they are taking their life into their own hands
      > or putting into someone else's hands.
      > � We build our toy airplanes and we fly them . If
      > something wrong happens, 95% of the time it's our own
      > fault.
      > What happened to Bruce was a mistake on his part as
      > he said, His aircraft was strong enough to take up his
      > slack because he designed it that way. He made a
      > mistake and learned from it, some survive� and some
      > don't, hopefully we learn from those who don't.
      > The earth does not suck!
      > This is not personal to you Jeff, it did not hit me
      > right.
      > Steve Bray
      >

      > ����� �����

      > �
      > �

    • Steve Bray
      Message 2 of 12 , Feb 1, 2005
        Sorry Jeff
        I apologize to you and the group. It just hit me
        wrong.
        Again, I'm sorry
        Steve Bray

        Message 3 of 12 , Feb 1, 2005
          No worries!

          Jeff

          On Tuesday, February 1, 2005, at 07:22 AM, Steve Bray wrote:

          > Sorry Jeff
          > I apologize to you and the group. It just hit me
          > wrong.
          > Again, I'm sorry
          > Steve Bray
          >

          > �����
          > ����� �����

          > �
          > �

        • snx265
          Message 4 of 12 , Feb 1, 2005
            I thought "earth sucks" was one of them thar paradoxes, like another
            word for gravity. When you fly over Mother Earth, there is a big
            mouth down there trying to "suck" you down. If you don't watch out,
            She'll suck you down hard.
            Darrell
            --- In AirVW@yahoogroups.com, Steve Bray <rebelzap@y...> wrote:
            > Sorry Jeff
            > I apologize to you and the group. It just hit me
            > wrong.
            > Again, I'm sorry
            > Steve Bray

            > http://promotions.yahoo.com/new_mail
          • jl
            Message 5 of 12 , Feb 1, 2005
              That was the intention. That and the friend of mine always says that,
              says it because he loves to fly more than be on the ground.

              Jeff

              I thought "earth sucks" was one of them thar paradoxes, like another
              word for gravity. When you fly over Mother Earth, there is a big
              mouth down there trying to "suck" you down. If you don't watch out,
              She'll suck you down hard.
              Darrell
              --- In AirVW@yahoogroups.com, Steve Bray <rebelzap@y...> wrote:
              > Sorry Jeff
              > I apologize to you and the group. It just hit me
              > wrong.
              > Again, I'm sorry
              > Steve Bray

              > http://promotions.yahoo.com/new_mail

              _____

              Yahoo! Groups Links

            • Bob Belbeck
              Message 6 of 12 , Feb 1, 2005
                It may be interesting to note that the using the term "the
                earth sucks" is several thousand years old. It started out
                as "? ?? ???????", then moved to, "la terra succhia", then
                finally became, "la terre suce", before the English version
                "the earth sucks". The first recorded use of the term was
                several hundred years BC, when Icarus said, "? ?? ???????"
                when his wings melted and he started falling to the ground,
                thus augering in. A few years later, while testing his
                parachute, D'Vinci said, "la terra succhia" when he realized
                he forgot to add a ripcord to his design (note a ripcord
                doesn't show on any of his drawings). And, in World War 1,
                Roland Garros the renowned French pilot, said, "la terre
                suce" when practicing spins with his under-ruddered biplane.
                Finally, it was tragically used in the English channel right
                before a four letter word that begins with "s" and ends with
                "t". Ironically enough, an British pilot was not the first
                to scream this phrase in the battle, it was a German pilot,
                who spoke quite good English by the way, after British
                pilots turned his Messerschnitt Bf 109 into an airey, yet
                inefficient air-foil. Now I realize many people are not
                interested in history, but I thought this little tidbit may
                help you next time you get carb ice or feel that zen like
                silence at 5,000 feet. Remember, you aren't screaming in
                fear, you are quoting great people!

                wrote:
                > Sorry Jeff
                > I apologize to you and the group. It just hit me
                > wrong.
                > Again, I'm sorry
                > Steve Bray

                > http://promotions.yahoo.com/new_mail

                _____

                Yahoo! Groups Links

                e>

                Terms of

                Help save the life of a child. Support St. Jude Children's
                Research Hospital's
                'Thanks & Giving.'
                http://us.click.yahoo.com/6iY7fA/5WnJAA/Y3ZIAA/SyTolB/TM