Re: [AirVW] Oil filter on oil sump plate?

  • Norm Mareeba
    Message 1 of 3 , Oct 1, 2003
      Good point!

      I've been doing some research along these lines and found that in our
      RPM range (3500), the gallons per minute is somewhere around 3 g/m, the
      input side pressure is around -3 psi. Input cavitation in hot oil occurs
      somewhere around -14 psi. Seems like lots of margin there.

      Next, I'll need to know how "FreeFlowing" an oil filter is... I guess
      I've got a way to go before I know if it can work or not. It's a learning
      exercise, I didn't even know what input cavitation was before I started...

      Norm