Re: [AirVW] Digest Number 612

  • Edgar Lincoln
    Message 1 of 1 , Aug 1, 2003
      <An airplane engine is a lot closer to the bulldozer
      class than the hotrod class.>

      Hey Daniel,
      Actually, my intrest is in durable, high power, long running, motors
      that don't need a major overhaul every time you turn around. I can't
      afford or have the desire to build something that screams for 5 to 30
      seconds and needs to be rebuilt. Yikes! How monotonous would that be?
      I'm working toward something that will drive my '73 bus as hard as I
      ask(80mph fully loaded) for 100,000 miles w/o having to see the inside of
      the case again. I was under the impression that is verging into airplane
      territory, feel free to correct me if I'm wrong.
      My main intrest has been t4 motors because weight isn't as big of
      factor for my application and you can get more reliable power out of them.
      Will weigh the next fully dressed one I do, just so I have a better idea
      how it compares.

      =====
      Edgar

      http://sitebuilder.yahoo.com