Re: [AirVW] Drive end

  • Peter Fernell
    Message 1 of 14 , Apr 24, 2013
      the comments come from personal experience, the original crank deos NOT have enough meat to put the force one hub on without a spacer, it only drives the fan in the bus, that  was the problem, I have a friend that had the prop depart at 400 ft.the cranks they sell now are special ones made by scat.  Pete212
      Message 2 of 14 , Apr 24, 2013
        The Type 4 cranks that GP has are Scat cranks machined for the Force one Hub!  Steve has them special made from Scat... they have to done just right.   That is a very expensive crank and it's cheaper to build as a flywheel drive end engine... I have a Type 4 that I'm adding a 1,79 Redrive to the flywheel end!  You can also run direct drive off of the flywheel end.   Steve can make up a flywheel/starter setup just like the Type 1 flywheel drive engine! No big deal...
        Ron

        :--)>
        :--)>
[...]
        :--)>:--)>
        :--)>:--)> is a LOT stonger. If anyone is interestedI have a complete T4 set up for
        :--)>:--)>
        :--)>:--)> a sonex for sale, $4000 with oil cooler and 54x46 prop, 125hrs TT.  Pete212
        :--)>:--)>
        :--)>:--)> Sent: Tue, Apr 23, 2013 3:08 pm
        :--)>:--)>
        :--)>:--)> Subject: Re: [AirVW] Drive end
        :--)>:--)>
        :--)>:--)>
        :--)>:--)> The crank snout is not large enough to reliably attach a prop hub on the
        :--)>:--)>
        :--)>:--)> type 2 engine.
        :--)>:--)>
        :--)>:--)>
        :--)>:--)> ----------------------------------------------------------
        :--)>:--)>
        Message 3 of 14 , Apr 27, 2013
          About how much is one of these rear? err front? flywheel drive setups?
        • infow
          Message 4 of 14 , Apr 27, 2013
            Type 1 or Type 4 engine??????

            :--)>
            :--)>
            :--)> About how much is one of these rear? err front? flywheel drive setups?
            :--)>
            :--)>
            :--)>
          • Charlie Johnson
            Message 5 of 14 , Apr 27, 2013
              Justin,

              Check out the photo album "One Sky Dog 2013" Stock 69 mm crank modified for a short taper hub. Taper connection held together with big bolt torqued at HAPI. Fortunately for me it failed at the hold short line and became noticeable after doing the runup.

              That is where they come from.

              One Sky Dog
              Charlie Johnson
              Ogden, Utah

              Sent from my iPad

              Message 6 of 14 , Apr 28, 2013
                Type1 1835cc

                Sent from my iPad

                On Apr 27, 2013, at 3:04 PM, infow <infow@...> wrote:

                Type 1 or Type 4 engine??????

                :--)>
                :--)>
                :--)> About how much is one of these rear? err front? flywheel drive setups?
                :--)>
                :--)>
                :--)>
              • Bill Utt
                Message 7 of 14 , Apr 28, 2013

                  I have about $3500 in mine. And I built it

                  Bill

                  About how much is one of these rear? err front? flywheel drive setups?