Re: [AirVW] New Member - please need info engine conversion

  • tbwheaslip
    Message 1 of 2 , Mar 14, 2013
      HI I have an 1835 in a Tipsy Nipper and it runs up static to 3000 on my original ZenithKLP It seems to be OK but I removed the choke butterfly & spindle to improve flow. This carb is now extremely scarce and general wisdom here in UK says use the Stromberg 150 which is less scarce & has spares available. In any case the VW should have a heated manifold to help a uniform mix reach the cylinders. Please note this is in addition to hot air carb heat !!  Jantar