Re: [AirVW] 76' Type 2/4

  • Bart Ferguson
    Message 1 of 13 , Feb 27, 2013

      Sorry but you can't just swap out case halves, they are a matched set. Either have the case half professionally repaired or find another complete case. Bart

      Message 2 of 13 , Feb 28, 2013
        I have complete cases.

        The cases are bored as a pair. You'll need a complete case, both sides.

        --- In AirVW@yahoogroups.com, carl wrote:

        > what is the engine code stamped on the top of the block teh first 2 alpha letters such as CV, GD, etc.  I have a few of those type engine cases and internals laying around.  I am in Jacksonville florida
        >

        > ________________________________

      • f4u4me
        Message 3 of 13 , Feb 28, 2013
          About half of the threaded portion of the stud is still in the hole.
          I'm not shure how to get it out.

          --- In AirVW@yahoogroups.com, Justin Schoeman <justin.schoeman@...> wrote:

          > You can't just replace one half. They are machined as a pair.
          > Is there not enough meat left for a thread insert of some sort?
        • f4u4me
          Message 4 of 13 , Mar 1, 2013
            Most of the threaded portion is still in the hole, I'll check some shops for the cost to remove, weld, red-rill and tap.