Eyebrow scoop plans?

  • Matthew L
    Message 1 of 3 , May 5, 2011
      Does anyone have, or can point me to a source, for drawings of Cub-type "eyebrow" scoops for uncowled VW installations. I know to use cool tins underneath, I am talking about plans for the scoops above the cylinders. Thanks!
    • Bill Utt
      Message 2 of 3 , May 5, 2011

        I was not able to find “plans” for the scoops.

        Wound up using new tins and modifying those.

        Mod was easy.

        Check in photos at Tri Eagle on or about the forth page.

        Bill

        Message 3 of 3 , May 5, 2011
          The important idea in the design of your scoops is that you make sure enough forced air travels in a vertical way betwen the little cooling fins "inside" the heads (exhaust valve guide area).  This is the way (idea) the VW factory cools the valve (and) guides.

          I divided the scoops in two sections, one for the cilinder (kind of traditional)  and one area (more coned taller and sealed in the back) for the head area...

          Some use the Culver technique,  design the cooling from the lower part of the engine up, this also included forced air to the valve lifters tubes...

          Will also help a "tin" to force air to the carter fins.

          Gary.