Looking for great homebuilt aircraft pics

  • Matthew Long
    Message 1 of 5 , Apr 9, 2011
      For 2011, I put together a calendar of photos of homebuilt boats (my other hobby) which you can see on my Lulu page:  <http://www.lulu.com/spotlight/owlnmole>.

      For 2012, I thought I'd change the theme to the kind of homebuilt aircraft that I love:  classic, simple designs of wood, steel and fabric flying low and slow.  Of course, there will have to be a Clutton FRED in there!

      If you have already taken, or take in the future, a very nice photo of a homebuilt that you'd like to contribute to this project, please send me a high-resolution .jpg image (3600 x 2800 pixels or more) and the following information:

      Photographer's name (as it should be credited):
      Aircraft type:
      Aircraft registration:
      Builder's name:
      Year aircraft completed:
      Owner's name:
      Location of photo:
      Year photo taken:
      Other notes:

      Photos can be of new or old aircraft, on the ground, in the air, interior, exterior, from the cockpit, under construction or restoration, anything goes.   I will only use photos for which I have the permission of the photographer and if I use your photo, I will send you a free calendar.  If you have lots of photos, please send small thumbnails or post them to a photo sharing site and send me a link.

      The initial deadline for submitting photos is September 1st, 2011 so I can get it finished in plenty of time for the holidays.  That also gives everyone time to send in their pics from the summer fly-ins.  I look forward to seeing some great shots!

      Cheers,

      Matthew

      --
      Matthew William Long
      Rabat, Morocco
      Message 2 of 5 , Apr 9, 2011
        Mathew,

        I have a lot of pictures of my Weedhopper but I need a better camera as allmost all my pictrues are 1600 x 1200.
        However, if there are any on my website that you would like to use let me know and I will get you the highest res version I have of that picture for you.

        Paul
        any Air Time is a Great Time!

        On Sat, Apr 9, 2011 at 9:39 AM, Matthew Long <owlnmole@...> wrote:

[...]

      • Matthew L
        Message 3 of 5 , Apr 10, 2011
          Paul, I would love a couple of nice pics of your Weedhopper (love the green!), whether they work for this project or another one. To print as a calendar, though, I really need the higher resolution (8.5 x 11 inch borderless prints at 300 dpi or better). Cheers, Matthew

          --- In AirVW@yahoogroups.com, Low N Slow <flyaweed@...> wrote:

          > Mathew,
          >
          > I have a lot of pictures of my Weedhopper but I need a better camera as
          > allmost all my pictrues are 1600 x 1200.
          > However, if there are any on my website that you would like to use let me
          > know and I will get you the highest res version I have of that picture for
          > you.
          >
          > Paul
          > any Air Time is a Great Time!
          > http://ulflyer.com/weedhopper/
        • Low N Slow
          Message 4 of 5 , Apr 10, 2011
            Mathew,

            I sent a few off group along with a few that I found that are High Rez.  A couple of those are OK  just depends on what you are looking for to have on your calendar

            Paul

            Message 5 of 5 , Apr 10, 2011
              I'll take a look, thanks!