Re: Mapquest

  • willy1941
    Message 1 of 9 , Feb 1, 2010
      Try this:

      http://flightaware.com/

      and click on Flight Planning.

      --- In AirVW@yahoogroups.com, gil devault <gndevault@...> wrote:

      > Are there any web sites like Map quest driving directions, for pilots?
      >
      > Gil

    • Dwight
      Message 2 of 9 , Feb 1, 2010
        Gil,

        I like airnav.com

        It has always been very helpfull when flight planning.

        Dwight

        --- In AirVW@yahoogroups.com, gil devault <gndevault@...> wrote:

        > Are there any web sites like Map quest driving directions, for pilots?
        >
        > Gil

      • dogspiritnow
        Message 3 of 9 , Feb 2, 2010
          Gil, these are all online Great Circle utilities that are good for preliminary planning. Probably best to go to flightaware etc for more detailed real time info on destinations. I use the first one for a lot of the initial stuff:

          http://gc.kls2.com/faq.html

          http://www.gcmap.com/

          http://www.andrew-gray.com/dist/

          http://www.gpsvisualizer.com/calculators

          Chris

          --- In AirVW@yahoogroups.com, gil devault <gndevault@...> wrote:

          > Are there any web sites like Map quest driving directions, for pilots?
          >
          > Gil

        • UttNutHut
          Message 4 of 9 , Feb 4, 2010
            Gil and Group.

            Take a look at www.Navmonster.com
            When you plot your course, it will give you every airport within 10 miles of the course.

            Bill
          • gil devault
            Message 5 of 9 , Feb 4, 2010
              Bill that is very intresting. Even has a view of our strip W150

              Gil

            • danjudy3@verizon.net

                Message 7 of 9 , Feb 6, 2010
                  Sorry,