Fw: Estimate Propeller Static Thrust

  • gil devault
    Message 1 of 3 , Nov 1, 2009
      Has anyone used this calculator? Is it a good indicator to check my engine propeller combination? Are there any tables anywhere for VW/prop combinations? How do you know if your engine is producing ample power?

      Gil

        The prop names/numbers in the calculator look like model airplane props.

        Hal
        Has anyone used this calculator? Is it a good indicator to check my engine propeller combination? Are there any tables anywhere for VW/prop combinations? How do you know if your engine is producing ample power?

        Gil

          even when specifying a custom prop and use some known data for a VW-powered RJ.03 Ibis, the static thrust and max. speed (as well as absorbed power) seem grossly exaggerated...

          cheers,
          Hans
          _________
          http://ibis.experimentals.de