woodruff key question

  • regnabo
    Message 1 of 3 , Feb 11, 2009
      Guys, I need to get a prop flange crankshaft key for a 1/2 vw going on
      my minimax. Question is, is this key a special metric part or can I go
      to my local hardware/small engine shop? If anyone knows the required
      size let me know. thanks DR
    • mxs2356
      Message 2 of 3 , Feb 11, 2009
        --- In AirVW@yahoogroups.com, "regnabo" <suzuki.power.group@...>
        wrote:

        > Guys, I need to get a prop flange crankshaft key for a 1/2 vw going
        on
        > my minimax. Question is, is this key a special metric part or can I
        go
        > to my local hardware/small engine shop? If anyone knows the required
        > size let me know. thanks DR

        I don't mine was metric anyway after I ground it down enough for the
        prop hub to fit down on it.

        Mark Smith
      • Ray
        Message 3 of 3 , Feb 12, 2009
          You could order one from www.chirco.com if it is a standard VW type crank.

          Being VW I would expect that it is a Metric sized part.