Re: New Member. Looking to power my Wagabond with VW conversion.

  • Kuba Mysluk
    Message 1 of 87 , Apr 1 1:05 AM
      > Nothing ill. Again, absolutely normal engines. You can learn this
      > from calculating the estimated efficiency for them and some "normal"
      > engine with optimally choosen prop for given airspeed envelope.

      Dennis,

      It doesnt have any sense keep such discussion in this topic.
      You (with all respect) have own opinion, different from mine (and
      other) experiences.
      Our posts are too long and hard readeable for normal peoples (your
      math and my english). IMHO we (both) spam this Group, the better place
      is Yahoo Propeller Group.

      So - let we stop it.

      best regards

      Kuba
    • Kuba Mysluk
      Message 87 of 87 , Apr 1 1:26 AM
        --- In AirVW@yahoogroups.com, "cardo" <cardo0@...> wrote:
        > So how 'bout a "single blade prop"? These were sold on some
        > early "Taylorcraft" planes in the '30s when 40hp was all they had.

        I've any practical experiences here, but Clutton book tell
        us: "Multiply diametr of a suitable two blader by 1.167 to find the
        equivalent single blade prop."

        IMHO - it will hard to static and of course impossible for dynamic
        balance. Regarding VW - it can cause problems with crank shaft
        cracking -if it will hang on the pulley end. (It allways can crack
        even with normal prop ;-)

        Anyway - it is very unique design, I saw it only in motorised gliders
        whith propellers on arm draw out from the fuselage. (designer had to
        make smaller hole in the fuselage)

        best regards