17379Re: [AirVW] Culver or IVO prop

  • n3832v
    Feb 13, 2014
      The Culver folks are good people to do business with.  I'd call them and discuss your specific application and see what they have to say.  They will give you a straight answer.

      From: Bruno De Michelis <msmprod@...>
      To: AirVW@yahoogroups.com
      Sent: Thursday, February 13, 2014 2:10 AM
      Subject: RE: [AirVW] Culver or IVO prop

      Ivo 3 blade with excellent results
      -----Original Message-----
      From: AirVW@yahoogroups.com [mailto:AirVW@yahoogroups.com] On Behalf Of heiko_32@...
      Sent: 13/ 02/ 2014 2:47 AM
      To: AirVW@yahoogroups.com
      Subject: [AirVW] Culver or IVO prop

      After searching around for a couple days I can't find exactly what I'm looking for.  I need a new prop and can't decide between a 72" culver or a 3 blade 72" ivo medium.  I understand a 2 blade wood is recommended for my engine but would like to know if anyone has used an ivo with good results?  I'm concerned about the weight of the ivo, will it be to heavy for my engine to swing effectively?

      My previous prop was the 68" ivo ultralight and it worked fairly well but couldn't get a cruise of more then 65mph@3200rpm (suppose to be 85ish) and climb was about 800fpm.   I operate from a fairly short runway in my backyard, 1400x100', so good STOL performance is necessary.  I also plan on getting my float rating (rec permit) and finding some floats for my plane, I can't imagine wood and water mixing very well?

      Engine is:
      GP2180cc VW
      1.6 redrive
      On a merlin GT