Java Position: Twin Cities Perm Full Time

  • Stephen Thompson
    Message 1 of 1 , May 3, 2003
      In an effort to keep our membership gainfully employed here is a
      position available through Mr. Doug Koch, Sr Technical Recruiter at
      Northland Employment Services Inc.

      If you are interested, please contact Mr. Koch (pron. "cook")
      directly. His contact information is at the end of the position
      description.
      ********Senior Java/Web Architect*******

      Size of Department/Team: 5-15 (ranging)

      ******Responsibilities*******
      >Produce high quality web-based solutions for customer applications
      coded in Java, utilizing the J2EE standard.
      >Review software specifications and convert into software designs
      utilizing OO methodologies
      >Mentor junior architects and lead developers.
      >Provide leadership and direction to the organization in the areas of
      Java, EJBs, J2EE, Web Services and OO architecture, design and
      development.
      >Work collaboratively with multiple departments to develop and
      evangelize standards for the organization to use for application
      design and development.
      >Work within tight schedules and proactively communicate status.
      >Work effectively with all levels in the organization, including senior
      management, and customers in designing solutions.

      *******Requirements:*********
      >Undergraduate degree in Computer Science or related field.
      >5+ years experience developing reusable components and frameworks.
      >End-to-end experience with all aspects of design, development,
      testing and implementation of J2EE projects.
      >J2EE architecture, patterns and coding practices.
      >Thorough knowledge STRUTS frameworks.
      >Experience with work estimates, code reviews, status reviews and
      providing own design, coding, test and delivery to production with
      zero defects.
      >Experience with Weblogic and in application development with the
      design and programming of multi-tier applications including portals,
      session management, EJBs, JSPs, etc. and utilizing J2EE technology
      (EJBs, Servlets, and JSPs) for large scale applications.
      >Have extensive experience with WebLogic in development, test and
      production environments running on Solaris/UNIX.
      >Have advanced knowledge of programming language(s), software
      development tools and environment's and systems analysis and
      functional design.
      >Have thorough knowledge of database concepts, relational database
      design, data modeling and system architecture.
      >Have expert knowledge of application design principles, practices,
      system development methodologies, (preferably OO), and software life
      cycles.
      >Have strong analytical and communication skills, and experience
      playing key roles on multiple system development project teams with a
      proven history of delivering high quality work, on-time and within budget.
      >Have hands-on application development and responsibility for ensuring
      the team is following proper build procedures, following software
      development methodology, and for the stability of the Application
      Server and Web Server software running in a production environment.

      For further information contact:
      Doug Koch
      Sr Technical Recruiter
      Northland Employment Services Inc.