Re: [AgileEmbedded] Re: Some new articles

  • Greg Williams
    Message 1 of 6 , May 27, 2012
      Thanks for the shout out for CMock Matt! CMock currently only supports
      mocks for C. I am currently doing C++ development work, and using
      GoogleTest and GoogleMock. They are very popular, though actually take a
      bit more effort to setup and create mocks. Though, being C++, a lot of
      things become more complex.. ;)

      I want to clarify that CMock supports stubs too, via the 'ignore' plugin.
      In practice though, I rarely use stubs, since CMock mocks are very trivial
      to generate and use. I prefer to be more explicit about defining module
      interactions using mocks. Though there are cases, like simple data
      accessors, where it is nice be explicit about not caring about call
      ordering or even number of calls to a data accessor.

      You are also correct that CMock can definitely be used outside of Ceedling
      as well. Ceedling is a general build system, which also has bundles in
      CMock, Unity and CException. It makes creating a testable project a breeze.

      Greg

      --

      *Greg Williams | Embedded Craftsman*
      Atomic Embedded | http://atomicembedded.com