Deep Agile Conference 2009

  • Stephen George
    Message 1 of 3 , Oct 16, 2009
      Hi All,

      I'm based in Australia and was not able to attend The Deep Agile 2009
      Conference, but I am wondering is there a DVD of proceedings available
      for purchase or something.

      Thanks for any info

      Steve
    • Stephen George
      Message 2 of 3 , Oct 18, 2009
        Hi Peter,

        No personal replies so far.

        I'm in Melbourne, .. just came back from (last weeks) "Agile Australia"
        conference in Sydney, did you go?

        I work for a company that produces scientific instruments for the
        research/manufacture market.
        We have been trying to work in an "XP" fashion for Firmware development
        for about the last 4~5 years, some aspects seem to work, some aspects
        are really hard and we are not following.

        Unfortunately I must admit for the last couple of years we have been
        "coasting" and not trying to improve the process, that is why I have
        been quoting the XP as I can accept without the retro and using that
        feedback to improve our process we are not really doing XP.

        Last weeks conference was the 1st Agile Australia conference to be held,
        it had a turn out of approx 350 people and was considered by the
        promoters to be fantastic turnout, more than expected.
        For me the Agile conference was like a pep talk, it has renewed my
        energy to see how we can improve our "XP" implementation.

        Steve

        Peter McConaghy wrote:
        > hi there
        >
        > I'm in Sydney was wondering the same thing - if you get any personal
        > replies with interesting info would you mind passing them on?
        >
        > Where are you located?
        >
        > regards
        > Peter
        >
        > Stephen George wrote:
        >>

        >> Hi All,
        >>
        >> I'm based in Australia and was not able to attend The Deep Agile 2009
        >> Conference, but I am wondering is there a DVD of proceedings available
        >> for purchase or something.
        >>
        >> Thanks for any info
        >>
        >> Steve

      • James Grenning
        Message 3 of 3 , Oct 19, 2009
          Hi

          I'll forward your request to Nancy V, the chair of Deep Agile
          Embedded. I do not know if they put together a electronically
          distributable package. I was one of the speakers at Deep Agile
          Embedded. You could find papers and blog articles on agile embedded
          topics on my website and blog.

          James

          James Grenning
          james@...