Combating Breast Cancer in Nigeria; the need for Comprehensive Screening Programs

  • ChatAfrik Network Groups
    Message 1 of 1 , Oct 4, 2008
      » Combating Breast Cancer in Nigeria; the need for Comprehensive Screening Programs
      By Taiwo Fasoranti MD | Published Today | Health and Welfare | Unrated

      October is Breast Cancer Awareness month. We should lay more emphasis on our Public Health and Preventive Medicine infrastructures as we focus on Breast Cancer, which is the number one Cancer killer of Nigerian women. I am very positive that many of my readers know somebody that has succumbed to or is currently battling this dreadful disease. It is my hope that after reading this article, someone will be prompted to encourage a sister, mother, cousin or friend to get the necessary life saving mammogram and routinely conduct regular monthly self breast examination. A phone call is all it takes!