Re: [African_Arts] Re: Mexican art and other traditional arts

  • Veronique Martelliere
    Message 1 of 3 , Feb 8, 2006
      Hi Steve !

      Though I am registered in your forum it seems that I'm too focused, at the moment, on African art : I did not realize that your forum is open to 'universalist' tribal interest.
      So, there I go now with pictures !
      Véro

      Steve Price <sprice@...> wrote:
      Hi Rob

      I run a forum on tribal arts in general at
      http://www.tribalartforum.org  It's not terribly active, but that
      could change if more interesting things were posted.  Anyway, you're
      invited to visit and, if it appeals to you, to use it to show and
      discuss Mexican art.

      Regards

      Steve Price

      --- In African_Arts@yahoogroups.com, Rob Bryson <rob_bryson2002@...>
      wrote:

      > Hi all. I am new to African art collecting, and thought that this
      mailing list would be a great way to learn more about it. Off topic,
      but does anyone know of a similar mailing list for Mexican art
      collectors? Although I'm sure there are significantly fewer
      collectors of Mexican art than African art, it would be great to have
      an open forum to discuss both forms of artwork separately.

      >   Glad to be on board!
      >
      >   Cheers!
      > -Rob
      >

      > ---
      >
      > "Knowledge has two extremes. The first is the pure natural
      ignorance in which all men find themselves at birth. The other
      extreme is that reached by great minds, who, having run through all
      that men can know, find they know nothing, and come back again to
      that same natural ignorance from which they set out; this is a
      learned ignorance which is conscious of itself."