Introduction

  • rjdematos
    Message 1 of 38 , Mar 2 3:05 AM
      Dear Group,

      Here's the small introduction I have send to our comitted
      moderators. I'd like to share it with you, I feel it's the best way
      to feel comfortable within a new (tribe?)group. Knowing who we are
      writing to will surely be a vector of better understanding and
      tolerance among ourselves.

      Best wishes,
      Ricardo

      "Dear Lee and Rand,

      Thank you for offering your precious time and knowledge in creating
      this group.I am glad to know there is somewhere a place where I can
      share my passion for the ancient and tradition-based cultures of
      Africa. I have been looking, for some time now, to learn and
      progress in my knowledge of Africa and its culture by exchanging
      points of views, experiences and ideas with knowledgeable and
      tolerant individuals. I like the highly positive approach of your
      mission statement.

      I have already had the opportunity to share your knowledge outside
      this group but I would like to introduce myself properly. I am 29. I
      am Portuguese born in Belgium with a Congolese grand-mother. Part of
      my family was born and raised in Central Africa but I have always
      lived in Europe until one year ago when I moved to Congo with my
      wife. I spend most of my time with natives whether in my work time
      or spare time. I am a "junior" collector but what I enjoy the most
      here is to listen to elders talking about their day-to-day life in
      the country, their rites and their beliefs. I am curious by nature
      but my main focus is obviously Central Africa. I hope my experiences
      and points of view will bring a positive contribution to this
      group.

      Best wishes,
      Ricardo"
    • beepeawee1@aol.com
      Message 38 of 38 , Jan 10, 2009
        In a message dated 1/10/2009 12:30:50 P.M. Eastern Standard Time, jenagel@... writes:
        http://www.dhd24.com/special.php?typ=uid2069043
        All well beyond my current modest means, but oh,  that Egungun mask as well as the Epa mask is fabulous. Thank you for sharing.
        Beth