Dogon figures?

  • kristinaniu
    Message 1 of 2 , Sep 4, 2013

      I have some of these large (Dogon?) statues (6-8 feet tall):

      Can anyone give me info on them, what are they, and where is best to sell them?�

      Thank you!

      Kristina

    • karl_norton@ymail.com
      Message 2 of 2 , Sep 14, 2013
        Hello Kristina,
        Absolutely stunning figures but I don't believe these to be carved by the Dogon, I know in Abijan in the Ivory coast and in Cameroon they carve beautiful large carvings like this for the western trade. I don't think you will have a problem selling them, its just transporting them to the buyer which is the problem. Try getting in touch with some interior designers as this would be the avenue I would go down.
        Kind regards
        Karl