Ikenga style figure

  • Robert
    Message 1 of 2 , Jul 12, 2013
      Hi It looks a little bit like and Ekenga figure with the under tones of being touristy and the second piece as well a tourist piece of the
      Guro type.
      The second piece I like more, the carver looks as if he had been carving for years but still touristy.
      I think now days one must accept that most African art on the general market today is touristy or to put it an other way part of a continuous culture(to be nice about it)so some pieces are carved well and represent an old style and others not so good.
      So I agree with the first comments made about your pieces.
      Robert
    • vadimkorifidis
      Message 2 of 2 , Jul 14, 2013
        --- In African_Arts@yahoogroups.com, "Robert" <mucci.robert@...> wrote:

        > Hi It looks a little bit like and Ekenga figure with the under tones of being touristy and the second piece as well a tourist piece of the
        > Guro type.
        > The second piece I like more, the carver looks as if he had been carving for years but still touristy.
        > I think now days one must accept that most African art on the general market today is touristy or to put it an other way part of a continuous culture(to be nice about it)so some pieces are carved well and represent an old style and others not so good.
        > So I agree with the first comments made about your pieces.
        > Robert

        Thanks a lot. It was very important for me to understand of what type of collectibles I should to compose my collection. Many thanks again.