duala canoe

  • julialovingart
    Message 1 of 2 , May 30, 2013

      Hi,

      can somebody give me information about this douala canoe I bought recently. It was love at first sight. Now I have it, I was looking for information on internet, but there is almost none :-(

      I did see a picture of a duala canoe on: http://www.randafricanart.com/Tucson_African_Art_Market_2005.html

      So I hope someone can tell me more about my art-piece :-)

      Thank you,

      Jill

      DualaCanoe_Cameroon_1884-1914_20130525_kljpg.jpg weergeven in diavoorstelling

    • Ed Jones
      Message 2 of 2 , May 30, 2013
        This link provides specific and relative info about Duala Canoe Sculpture;

        There is also a down-loadable .PDF document.

        My perspective (albeit different), ALL "art"... to be sold and purchased on the market is indeed "market art".  That includes eBay, Bohams, Christies or Sothebys.  Some of it is better than others, but even that can be a "subjective" area.

        Enjoy your canoe art.  There is certainly a intriguing history behind them.
        Ed