Research at a dead end - Burkina Faso (probably Red Bobo) Mask

  • turley19at
    Message 1 of 1 , May 21, 2013
      I am stumped by this mask. I do know:

      1. Acquired in Banfora
      2. My estimate on age is c1950 (patination, construction, tool marks, wear patterns etc)
      3. I a b/w image of a similar style (identical crest but different facial planes) in a book of West African art published mid 20th century that suggested Red Bobo

      But now I am stuck.

      If anyone can give me a push in the right direction it would be greatly appreciated

      Thanks in advance
      Andrew
      www.suagacollection.com