Re: [African_Arts] Senufo Mask

  • Gi Mateusen
    Message 1 of 3 , Mar 3, 2013
      It's a Senoufo mask from Ivory cost ; The name is "kpeliye e"
      Its the mask of the society  for the men "poro"
      Op 22-feb.-2013, om 05:00 heeft cisachristy het volgende geschreven:

      I had a mask, that It appears to be from the Senufo tribe, please any
      help?

      Thanks so much!

      Message 2 of 3 , Apr 7, 2013
        Although I would not suggest that this particular mask bears the same provenance as that referenced in the link below, the description of this commercially produced Senufo metal face mask (kpeliye'e, kpeliyehe, kpelie, etc.) believed to have originated in an undetermined Korhogo-area workshop may provide some directions for further exploration both of the form and reproductions thereof: