Re: African Masks

  • berzgallery
    Message 1 of 3 , Feb 18 4:44 PM
      Hi Ronnie,

      All of us have had that experience, so don't feel too bad.

      I would echo much of what Lee wrote and add the following:

      1. Buy from reputable dealers or sources/sellers and buy what you can afford. Make sure that the seller will honor you returning the piece for a refund if it isn't as presented.

      2. Avoid buying for worth or value, buy what you love and continue to learn

      3. Expose yourself to as much material as possible--books, museums, galleries, festivals and shows, exhibitions, and begin to focus on learning about the style or pieces that interest you.

      4. Run the items by groups like this prior to purchase. While many sellers don't want to expose the pieces, for modest pieces many reputable sellers won't mind.

      Good luck!

      Andrew