Re: luba (?)

  • hugodeboom@ymail.com
    Message 1 of 8 , Feb 18, 2013
      Paul

      Yes, maybe Tshokwe.But I've never seen this before and cannot find it in my books.

      It is collected +-1930 by someone who lived and worked in Katanga. You see the head (on both sides a face): up two bullets - foto4 - And 2 holes where were also bullets I think. Mouth: on one side there remain two tooths.
      Under (the 'neck') you see a kind of pin, I think horn. The head is very hard, but not stone or ceramic (maybe some kind of resin yes???) and +- heavy.
      As you can see the pin is realy sharp, like it needs to be sticked somewhere.

      Thx, kindest regards

      hugo

    • hugodeboom@ymail.com
      Message 2 of 8 , Feb 18, 2013
        collected in katanga by someone who worked there; So - maybe - luba.

        --- In African_Arts@yahoogroups.com, GARYGLS2000@... wrote:

        > How do you know its Luba?
        >

        > In a message dated 2/17/2013 11:50:04 A.M. Pacific Standard Time,
        > hugodeboom@... writes:
        >

        > Is there anyone who knows where I can find some information about this
        > _strange luba object_
        > (http://groups.yahoo.com/group/African_Arts/photos/album/1526387468/pic/list)
        >

        > thx
        > hugo

      • renaud riley
        Message 3 of 8 , Feb 19, 2013
          DEAR

          YES THIS IS LUBA, AND IT WAS MADE FOR THE STORM, I THINK,
          WHEN MEN WERE HUNTING, I CAN CHECK AND TELL YOU MORE ABOUT.

          I HAD AN OLD ONE FEW YEARS AGO

          BEST
          RENAUD RILEY