Photos & help on identifying

  • bubblesscotch
    Message 1 of 5 , Jan 21, 2013
      First, thank you for any information given on the following piece.
      I have attached a link to some photos I took today.

      A friend has given this to me to grace my home.
      However, I know nothing about it other than it is a Mumuye figure.

      For insurance purposes, I would like to have it appraised.

      If anyone can help me with an estimate or any more information I would be grateful. I truly love this sculpture.

      Thank you!

      R.
    • John Buxton
      Message 2 of 5 , Jan 21, 2013
        Please send attached images.. I don't use the online albums because it takes far more time for me to evaluate objects. JB

        John A. Buxton, ISA CAPP
        6717 Spring Valley Road
        Dallas, Texas 75254
        972-239-4620 - Voice
        214-789-4695 - Cell
        972-239-9766 - Fax
        Skype name - arttrak
        214-556-5650 - Skype
        www.arttrak.com - The art connection
        http://www.pbs.org/cgi-registry/wgbh/roadshow/archive_search.cgi?q=&category=&appraiser=John+Buxton
        Antiques Roadshow

        Message 3 of 5 , Jan 27, 2013
          I have had this figure for a number of years ; no one has been able to figure out what it is or where it came from. It is about 10 inches tall, 4 inches wide and hollowed out. I am thinking it might have been on a post of some kind. It appears to have some age on it.
          Thanks
          http://darkwolfpichosting.com/files/2/ebay/artwork/lady2.jpg
        • Ed Jones
          Message 4 of 5 , Jan 27, 2013
            It is not tribal African.  Try South American recent ethnographics.

            Ed

            I have had this figure for a number of years ; no one has been able to figure out what it is or where it came from. It is about 10 inches tall, 4 inches wide and hollowed out. I am thinking it might have been on a post of some kind. It appears to have some age on it.

            Thanks

            http://darkwolfpichosting.com/files/2/ebay/artwork/lady3.jpg
            http://darkwolfpichosting.com/files/2/ebay/artwork/lady1.jpg
            http://darkwolfpichosting.com/files/2/ebay/artwork/lady5.jpg