unknown figure?

  • ironjpa
    Message 1 of 6 , Jan 7, 2013
      Can anyone help to identify this figure? Maybe point me in the right direction to search.

      Thanks
      Joe

      photos at
      http://groups.yahoo.com/group/African_Arts/photos/album/923555561/pic/list
      Message 2 of 6 , Jan 7, 2013
        Try comparing with statuary attributed to the Liberian Bassa.  Lee
      • * John Fagalde
        Message 3 of 6 , Jan 8, 2013
          Hi Joe,

          Yes, probably Bassa?, Dan? from Liberia.

          Best wishes,

          John
        • Karl - Suzy Norton
          Message 4 of 6 , Jan 9, 2013
            Hi, this does look like it has mostly Bassa features but the breasts don't look quite right.
            Hope this helps
            Karl

            Message 5 of 6 , Jan 9, 2013
              Bassa

              There's a similar one on the Barakat Gallery website
            • Joseph Anderson
              Message 6 of 6 , Jan 11, 2013
                Thank you all for your help. It may not be quite what I thought it
                was but I learned a bit more about paying attention to all the details.
                Thanks again
                Joe