Re: [African_Arts] Another unidentified mask

  • GARYGLS2000@aol.com
    Message 1 of 3 , Dec 22, 2012
      Its a Toma mask from Guinea, west Africa.

      In a message dated 12/23/2012 12:14:41 A.M. Eastern Standard Time, Stephen.Ellmann@... writes:

      Hi, and thanks again for your help on my Borneo mask.

      I've just posted another picture (IMG_0081 [1]) in the "Unidentified mask(s)" folder:
      This one is of a mask, about 18 inches long, that I bought a few years ago in Cape Town. I assume it was made for trade (and I'm fine with that), but I'm curious what style of mask it is reproducing.

      Thanks in advance --

      Steve Ellmann

    • Karl - Suzy Norton
      Message 2 of 3 , Dec 23, 2012
        Hi Stephen this is a mask from the "Toma" from Guinea / Liberia, if you Google "Toma mask images" you will see many like it.
        Kind regards