Origin/age/wood of carved African stools

  • onanjokwe
    Message 1 of 1 , Nov 7, 2012
      I am new to the group. Hoping someone can shed some light on two stools that were wedding gifts to my parents. They were married in Tsumeb, Namibia (then South West Africa) in 1960. What I would like to know about them is what people made these types of furniture (possibly Ovambo), what wood they might be made of, and how old they might be (it's not clear if they were newly made when gifted in 1960). I will post the photos under Namibian stools in photos.
      Thanks for any help.