Re: [African_Arts] Question about item

  • Lloyds Trading Co. Lloyd
    Message 1 of 6 , Oct 28, 2012
      Greetings
      I cant find anything like it in the Indonesian arts. Its big.  8 ft tall.I talked to someone and they said looks African.
      I will take better pictures this week.
      Thanx
      E. Lloyd

      Message 2 of 6 , Oct 28, 2012
        Although I see stylistic elements suggestive of African carvings such as Bamileke architectural posts, I agree with Véro's observation that the item is likely a contemporary and simplified rendering of Indonesian origin or inspiration such as from Dayak and/or Batang carvings.

        Lee
      • Armin
        Message 3 of 6 , Nov 21, 2012
          Hello,
          your spears are from the northern Congo Region. I bought similiar spears when I crossed the Congo in 1990. If you have better pictures from the spearheads and the middle sections maybe I can tell you the tribe.
          Sincerely
          Armin