Help with my collection

  • benslouisville
    Message 1 of 2 , Jul 7, 2012
      My wife and I have recently inherited a large collection of African Art & Artifacts obtained by my in-laws while living in Africa (Zaire & Kenya) in the late 70's & early 80's. The collection includes tapestries, masks, jewelry, fetish pieces, baskets, weapons, etc. from the Kuba & other tribes throughout the region. Some of the collection was purchased by the Smithsonian in the mid-90's and has been featured private and public galleries over the years.

      We have the stories behind each piece, how and where they were obtained, cataloged. We do not however, have recent (15+ years) appraisals of the collection or a distribution channel. We are looking for a contact close to Louisville, KY that would be able to assist in this matter.

      We love the collection, but it is just too much for us to manage and properly maintain. Any assistance would be greatly appreciated.
    • Bob
      Message 2 of 2 , Jul 7, 2012
        Anyway  we   could  see your  collection online ?

        Bob