Re: [African_Arts] Looking to identify my African Mask

  • Veronique Martelliere
    Message 1 of 5 , Jul 3, 2012
    Hello-hello,
    there are so many things in my house that i don't feel at home anymore.
    But there is the same type of mask on the first floor.
    I was told it is a mask of justice for the Bamana / Bambara, Mali.
    It is supposed to be standing on an altar. A local VIP, hidden behind, gives his
    voice to the mask and tell you if the chicken is yours or if you should
    give it back to his/her owner.
    Yours look more scary than mine. I kindly advise you to give back the
    chicken.
    Vero

    Message 2 of 5 , Jul 3, 2012

      Then I guess I'll make a few repairs and shelack it and set it out by the pool....

      Thankfully I didn't pay much for it.

      Thank you for your input.

      Donna