Re: [African_Arts] Nomoli of Pondo?

    Message 1 of 6 , Apr 10, 2012
      For additional discussion and "annotated" visual references on this topic, also see "Stone Sculptures of Sierra Leone" [video] among other on-line resources -- including videos and compiled on-line visual catalogues of material culture, etc., at Sierra Leone Heritage web-site:  http://www.sierraleoneheritage.org/CI/

      Lee

      On Apr 10, 2012, at 3:37 AM, Kunstpedia Foundation wrote:

      Dear Gary,

      My thanks for your comments and insights. This was most defiantly of help and I will also inform the owner of the smaller pieces. Interesting that tourist trinkets were already up and rising in the early 70's and so broadly distributed.

      Best regards,
      Boudewijn

      Message 2 of 6 , Apr 11, 2012
        Dear Lee,

        My thanks for the very interesting references. They were more than helpful. I was particularly impressed with the website of sierraleoneheritage.org.

        Best regards,
        Boudewijn

        Message 3 of 6 , Apr 23, 2012
          Dear List-Members,

          Mr. Michael Yates recently published an interesting article on Kunstpedia titled "Strange but Somehow Beautiful” Art of the Adan People of south-east Ghana", which might be of interest to the list members as not too much has been published on the arts of the Adan People.

          The article can be viewed at http://www.kunstpedia.com/articles/%E2%80%9Cstrange-but-somehow-beautiful%E2%80%9D-art-of-the-adan-people-of-south-east-ghana.html

          Boudewijn Meijer