Need help to identify an object

  • esuccetti
    Message 1 of 4 , Mar 27, 2012
      Hello to all members,
      I need help to identify an object. The link to the photos is:

      Thanks a lot,
      Eduardo
    • gi mateusen
      Message 2 of 4 , Mar 28, 2012
        Is this African ? For me it's a brass from India

        --- In African_Arts@yahoogroups.com, "esuccetti" <esuccetti@...> wrote:

        > Hello to all members,
        > I need help to identify an object. The link to the photos is:
        >
        > Thanks a lot,
        > Eduardo

      • esuccetti
        Message 3 of 4 , Mar 28, 2012
          This was also what I think when I saw it but have not found anything similar, that is why I was wondering that perhaps it could be African.

          --- In African_Arts@yahoogroups.com, "gi mateusen" <mateusen@...> wrote:

          > Is this African ? For me it's a brass from India
          >
          > --- In African_Arts@yahoogroups.com, "esuccetti" <esuccetti@> wrote:
          > >
          > > Hello to all members,
          > > I need help to identify an object. The link to the photos is:
          > >
          > > Thanks a lot,
          > > Eduardo

        • Rand S
          Message 4 of 4 , Mar 29, 2012
            It has similarities to some Asante figures used as gold weights, and also objects that were made for the tourists.

            Examples of what I am referring to:
            http://www.randafricanart.com/Asante_Kuduo_container.html

            RAND