Camp Maitres Tambour Afric

  • Ozilly
    Message 1 of 1 , Mar 3, 2012
      Our Tribal Chief Titos Sompa is ready to welcome you to our African Village! CAMP MAITRES TAMBOUR AFRIC (Masters of the African Drum & Dance) is a three-day Camp that will be held at Sertoma Youth Ranch in Brooksville, FL on Thursday afternoon, March 15th through Sunday afternoon, March 18th, 2012. Our event will provide the unique opportunity to study African Drum and Dance, culture and traditions with over 25 of the most sought after African Drum and Dance Masters in the US! Multiple African ethnic groups (Ivory Coast, Guinea, Senegal, Congo) 12 dance classes and 12 drum classes (djembe, djun-djun, sabar, ngoma)! Balafon, Kora, Dodo & traditional African Song classes also! Childrens classes too! Drum circles around the bonfire nightly! If you want to drum & don't have a djembe, you can use ours.

      Full event tickets are only $60 for Adults, $30 for Children (6-17), Children 5 & under are free. Also, if you are a vendor, purchase an event ticket and you can vend for FREE. If you need an electric/water hookup, there is a daily use fee of $23 that is paid directly to Sertoma Youth Ranch. Primitive camping is FREE or we have partnered with Days Inn which is about 15 minutes away @ $53.66 per night (all taxes & fees included) and that price is good for up to 4 people per room.

      The vision of CAMP MAITRES TAMBOUR AFRIC is that of creating an educational journey through African performing art, emphasizing cultural and spiritual understanding. You will experience a broader comprehension and a deeper respect for these arts and for the artists' role in traditional African societies. You will have a chance to understand another culture in all of its dimensions. This will be an opportunity to share the spiritual energy and the daily positive vibrations of the African people.

      People of all ages and from all walks of life come to our camp. Our camp is not just an "event", it's an "experience" that you will never forget! The event is in Brooksville at Sertoma Youth Ranch, 85 Myers Rd, Brooksville, FL (between Orlando/Tampa). The gates open at 3:00 pm on Thrusday, March 15th....see you there!

      Check out our schedule at: http://cmtafric.weebly.com/schedule-of-events.html