New Member-Photo posted

  • houkura
    Message 1 of 1 , Dec 6, 2011
      Hi All..

      I am new here..I am a collector of mainly Polynesian and Melanesian art but I recently acquired a nice Pomdo or Sapi (Guinea/Sierra Leone) stone figure. The provenance is from a very well known collection of a gallery owner in Amsterdam. I bought the figure from a dealer who mainly deals in Oceanic but also does some African. The figure compares favorably to one formerly Paolo Morigi collection, Yale University, Vatican Museum etc. I'm trying to link to a photo I posted... It's a lovely little figure so I thought I would share it here....

      Best,

      houkura@...