Re: Displaying a piece

  • Jeff
    Message 1 of 9 , Nov 22, 2011
      I posted a picture under files, Senufu Rhythm Pounder If someone wants
      to fill me in a little more on what I have. I really don't care about
      value other than for insurance if anyone could help with that, it's not
      for sale. This is the piece I want to make the base for.

      --- In African_Arts@yahoogroups.com, "Jeff" <jeff.grigg@...> wrote:

      > Hi new here. I have a large 4'8" 40+# rhythm pounder that does not
      stand on it's own. I have a large 18" X 18" plate with a center rod 8"
      used for mannequins.
      > I would like to drill a hole in the base to attach the sculpture to
      the base so I can display it. However I am VERY hesitant as I don't want
      to damage the piece or hurt it's value. So should I go ahead, not? Or
      how can I display it. The base is small and not flat enough to safely
      stand it up.