Re: [African_Arts] 2 questions

    Message 1 of 3 , Sep 28, 2005
      Sorry to post this in Lee's and my discussion group and David's, but the question was asked in both places and I'll send this response to both groups.

      Craig,
      I found my references that had Ibibio puppets in them and I have created a page with the examples and information about them in the link below:

      You probably have come across it, but the Hamill Gallery in Boston has some examples on their website: http://www.hamillgallery.com/IBIBIO/IbibioPuppets/IbibioPuppets.html

      I hope that helps. Those were pretty much the only references I can recall that had Ibibio puppets in them. I can not access my auction database right now either, but if I come across others I will let you know.

      www.randafricanart.com

      Rand African Art <rand@...> wrote:

      Hi Craig,

      I have some sources that have some Ibibio puppets documented in them. It will just take me a little bit to remember where, right now in my office at home I have auction catalogs and books stacked on the floor. I will get some images together for you hopefully today.

      As for the African collection at the American Museum of Natural History –

      Just got to their website www.amnh.org and in the search box type “african collection”. Choose the first link when the results come up.

      Or you can find a link to it on my website in my Favorite Links page - http://www.randafricanart.com/Favorite_Links.html

      Or just click here - http://anthro.amnh.org/anthropology/databases/africa_public/africa_public.htm

      Craig Lewis <craig_n_emma@...> wrote:
      Hi all, my 2 questions are:-
      1, does anyone have any good links to pictures of authentic Ibibio
      puppets?
      2, Does anyone have the link to the AMNH website where you can look
      through the African collection? I deleted it from my computer and can't
      find it again!
      Cheers
      Craig