This is a display I set up for the Lakewood, Colorado Public Library for 'Black History Month':
The pieces are, L to R:
1. Nagata (also called Ntomba) Coffin- the cavity for bones is located in the back. See Bacquart's book.
2. Bakota Reliquary Figure- mounted of containers holding clan relics.
3. Mossi Kaganga Mask- representing ancestors, spirits, or forces of nature.
4. Bakongo Nail Fetish (Nkisi Nkondi)- fetish with ingredients in the abdominal cavity.
5. Mumuye Iagalagana Figure- statue incarnating tutelary spirits.