RE: [African_Arts] Igbo/ibo Ikenga figures

  • African Art Gallery
    Message 1 of 4 , Sep 15, 2005
      Message
      Hi Craig,

      Here is a link to an Ikenga figure on my website, I can also assist in more information, I have a few publications with inforamtion on Ikenga figures.  Just let me know if you need more info and I will start researching it for you.

      Kind Regards,
      Frank

      Frank Eagar
      Elite Art of Africa, LLC
      601 W. Indiantown Road, Suite #5
      Jupiter, FL  33458

      Message 2 of 4 , Sep 15, 2005
        Rand,
        thanks for your reply, I don't think I could have asked for more!!
        I'll try getting a picture of the particular figure that I'm
        researching as soon as I can but I'm going away until about the 28th
        Sept so won't get one at least until then.
        I only had two brief references in my books at home so I am very
        grateful.
        Best wishes,
        Craig

        --- In African_Arts@yahoogroups.com, Rand African Art <rand@r...>
        wrote:
        > Hi Craig,
        >
        > I put a page together for you with some information about them, as
        well as some other types, and the page also has some auction examples
        and information. There weren't a lot of auction examples readily
        available, but there are enough to probably help. I didn't dig into
        my Sotheby's catalogs, although I know I have seen some very nice
        examples in a few of them. I could not readily find my favorite
        example of these types of figures either. I will add them as I find
        them and get more time.

        > I love the Ikenga figures sitting down that have the curled horns
        on top of the head, with a knife in one hand and a head in the other
        hand. I missed my chance to buy a figure that I really liked that was
        in this style that I like so much.

        > I hope the page is helpful.
        >
        > http://www.randafricanart.com/Igbo_altar_figure.html
        >
        > Cheers!
        > RAND
        > www.randafricanart.com
        >
        > Craig Lewis <craig_n_emma@y...> wrote:
        > Hi,
        > I'm helping someone with some research, and need further help. Does
        > anyone have any information/pictures and auction results for Igbo
        > Ikenga figures?
        > Cheers
        > Craig

        > African safari African american christian dating African american
        christian single African wildlife safari African safari vacation
        African safari holiday

        Service.